In medicine, a screening does mean simple and safe examination of large population groups in order to isolate the risk of a particular disease.
Prenatal screening in such context refers to studies conducted in pregnant women to identify risk groups. Special case of prenatal screening is a study to identify risk groups of fetus malformations. Neither the first screening, nor the second procedure does not allow to identify all women who may bear some problem, but makes possible to identify a relatively small group of patients, within which we will focus most concentration of individuals with this type of pathology.
prenatal screening is one of the procedures carried out in the
framework of pregnancy monitoring.
Prenatal screening in the reproductive health medical center "Gameta" is effected by qualified diagnosticians. We use the most advanced equipment and precise laboratory techniques.
Antenatal ( prenatal ) screening reduces the risk of fetal abnormalities
What types of birth defects identifies prenatal screening ?
• Edwards syndrome and Down's syndrome;
• The trisomy risk for chromosome 13 ;
• neural tube defects ( anencephaly, spina bifida);
• triploidy of maternal origin, etc.
What kinds of examinations are conducted within the prenatal screening ?
• Ultrasonic screening: diagnosis of fetal anomalies by ultrasound ;
• Biochemical screening: identifying maternal blood biochemical parameters ( markers ), evidence of the fetus congenital malformation risk;
• Combined screening: a combination of ultrasound, biochemical and computer prenatal diagnosis.
First full combined screening of pregnancy I - II trimester, including:
1. Ultrasonic examination at 11 weeks - 13 weeks 6 days of pregnancy (date of menstruation).
2 . Prenatal screening first I trimester : double test (blood test for hCG and PAPP-A in terms of 11 to 13 weeks 6 days by the date of last menstrual period).
3 . II trimester prenatal screening: triple test (blood test for total hCG, AFP and free estriol at 16-18 weeks of pregnancy) .
4 . Computer processing of the first and second trimester combined screening, using a special program .
. Issuing opinions on the combined first trimester screening and
combined I and II trimesters screening.
The basic variant of I trimester screening
Prenatal examination of pregnancy I trimester: a double biochemical test + ultrasonography
• Blood analysis for β-hCG and PAPP-A in terms of 11 weeks to 13 weeks 6 days by date of last menstrual period
• Ultrasonography (11 weeks . + 1 day - 13 weeks . + 6 days)
A prerequisite for patient joining this program is to fill in a special form accounting all factors (body weight of the patient, singleton or multiple pregnancy, medications , IVF , etc.)
screening at the reproductive health medical center "Gameta"
is performed by qualified diagnostical staff. We use the most
advanced equipment and precise laboratory techniques.
The basic variant of II trimester screening
Prenatal examination of pregnancy II trimester: triple test, comprising:
• Blood tests for total hCG (Option: free beta subunit of hCG)
• AFP and free estriol at 14-20 weeks of pregnancy
Prenatal diagnosis of the fetus is recommended for all pregnant women. Used in the framework of its methods are completely safe for the expected child
You can assign an examination visit to Reproductive health medical centre “Gameta” calling by phone 738-68-69